Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

pumpkincupcakes

We are getting close to getting all moved in to the new house. We haven't done a lot of moving this week, since Thanksgiving weekend is almost here and I have been in such a great mood and have been cooking and baking a whole lot.

A couple of days ago, we celebrated our Aunt Betty's 88th birthday and I made her a buster bar dessert/cake. I am not a big fan of making those because they take days to make, but I would do anything for Betty and months ago when I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she asked for it, so that's what she got. :)

This week, I thought I would try anything pumpkin. So last night, I made some pumpkin snickerdoodles. It's that huge stack of cookies in the background of the photo above. Grandpa R and Uncle Charlie both love pumpkin and snickerdoodles respectively. Turns out, if you put pumpkin puree and some other spices in snickerdoodles, it takes it to a different level of awesomeness!

Tonight, I made pumpkin cupcakes with vanilla cream cheese frosting. [Photo Above] John and I both tried them at the same time, and also at the same time as we took a bite, we couldn't help but do our happy dance because that stuff is Mmmm... Mmmm... Good!!! It's good with milk, chocolate milk and coffee. Don't ask me how I know... [maybe because I tried them all!]

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We sure are looking forward to ours!!! :)


_signature

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...