Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Daytona Beach Sunrise




John and I watched this beautiful view last week in Daytona Beach together with our church youngsters. We were there for Bigstuf Camps and our normal day usually started around 7 or 8 in the morning. 

One morning we all got out of bed early, went down into the beach and waited for the sun to rise. I am not a morning person, but that day, the kids' [and one adult's] groaning totally sounded off my inner bad morning person. I don't know how that worked out, but it did. Most of the time, I am a big baby about waking up early but that day, soon as I saw the ocean and the sky getting ready to make way for the sun, I went deaf! I was so drawn into what I was seeing, I forgot there was other people around me some groaning, some like me, just loving what they are seeing.

I have terrible eyes and they are mostly bad in the mornings. So when I was out there, I just did random rapid shots of everything. I didn't get to look at these photos until today, almost a week later! When I saw this, it brought me back to that moment it was so weird! It reminded me how our minds, it doesn't matter how good your retention is, forget details. I sure remember that morning, but I didn't remember how beautiful the layers of colors were, how big that ball of sun was and how beautiful it was to see the birds fly across the sky as the sun was shining. 

The sunrise reminded John and I of how faithful our God is. It is one of the biggest constants in our life other than change. Like I said a while ago, most of the time, when bad things happen, we tend to forget about sunrises like this, we forget about the great times and the moments when we are so close to God we can touch His face. We dismiss the fact that He is there all the time good and bad times both. You just gotta dig deeper and remind yourself of the times when you feel so close to Him and let it take you back.

Have a great day all!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...